Questions to consider asking when you are considering buying a condominium.
- What is the owner–occupancy rate?
- Any special assessments pending?
- How old are the systems – heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, roof.
- Any recent sales in this building? When?
- Any developments planned in the vicinity of this building?
- Is the association professionally managed?
- Pets allowed?
- Rental restrictions?
- Do the taxes reflect the residential exemption?
- What does the condo fee include?
- What are the current reserves?
- List of recent improvements in building?
- List of recent improvements to unit?
- Where is the nearest train/bus stop?
- Is parking included?
- Is the building in a historic district (National Historic District)? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historic_districts_in_the_United_States
- Has there ever been a fire in the building or unit?
- Are the condominium documents online?